Need a little inspiration in your day? Simon Sinek, a prominent author, trainer and public speaker, has been leading a movement to help people around the world inspire action. His unconventional and innovative views on business have inspired millions. Read below for 21 of his best quotes about business leadership.
1. “A leader’s job is not to do the work for others, it’s to help others figure out how to do it themselves, to get things done, and to succeed beyond what they thought possible.”
2. “The goal is not to be perfect by the end, the goal is to be better today.”
3. “Leaders don’t look for recognition from others, leaders look for others to recognize.”
4. “At well led companies, people talk about the strength of the values. At poorly led companies, people complain about the pay & benefits.”
5. “When we tell people to do their jobs, we get workers. When we trust people to get the job done, we get leaders.”
6. “A star wants to see herself rise to the top. A leader wants to see those around her become stars.”
7. “Leaders are the ones who have the courage to go first, to put themselves at personal risk to open a path for others to follow.”
8. “Hire people inspired to achieve something big over people who demand something big before they feel inspired.”
9. “Under poor leaders we feel like we work for the company. With good leaders we feel like we work for each other.”
10. “If you want to feel happy, do something for yourself. If you want to feel fulfilled, do something for someone else.”
Need IT leadership that makes a difference? Learn how Accellis’ IT management, cybersecurity, and public cloud solutions are helping its clients every day.
11. “Too many people confuse being rich or famous with being a leader. Wealth and fame are byproducts not qualifications to lead.
12. “There is a difference between listening and waiting for your turn to speak.”
13. “Emails get reactions. Phone calls start conversations.”
14. “The leaders who get the most out of their people are the leaders who care most about their people.”
15. “When we break eye contact to check our phones we degrade trust. Let’s keep our phones away from meals & meetings.”
16. “Customers will never love a company until the employees love it first.”
17. “There is a difference between working together and working in the same office.”
18. “Leadership is not a rank or a position, it is a choice – a choice to look after the person to the left of us & the person to the right of us.”
19. “The value of networking is not measured by the number of people we meet but by the number of people we introduce to others.”
20. “The art of leadership is about inspiring people to build something not threatening to break something.”
21. “Be the leader you wish you had.”
Follow Simon Sinek on Twitter @.