A How-To Guide for Professional Organizations Creating Customized Cybersecurity Policies
As larger companies are making strides to protect their data repositories from hackers and other data erasing disasters, small and mid-sized firms need to do more to protect against growing cyber threats.
This unique guidebook will walk you through, step-by-step, how to develop and implement critical security policies in order to safeguard your firm’s confidential information. If you want to learn how to build and implement a security program, but don’t have the resources to hire a full-time staff to protect your business, this guide is for you.
- Establish rules and responsibilities for coordinating the implementation of security across your organization
- Govern how data is accessed, retained, backed up and recovered
- Control methods for accessing critical data and company systems
- Proactively monitor activity on your firm’s network
- Identify malicious events
- Establish controls for email usage, mobile devices, passwords, social media, wireless communications and more
- Commit to an ongoing process for cybersecurity
BONUS: Includes 3 sample security policies: Social Media Policy, Security Event Policy and a Systems Management Policy.