What’s the position all about…?
We are seeking a person to add to our Rockstar Engineering team. Your number one priority is to provide excellent customer service to our client while working directly with their staff at their locations. People don’t request IT help from us because they are having a great day; they’re asking because a key piece of technology isn’t working for them, and it’s frustrating. Your job is to keep them happy AND fix their technology problem at the same time.
How do I know if I’m a good fit for this job?
It’s a pretty simple, really. Be nice. Be professional. Be friendly. Be smart. Be Driven – don’t stop until it’s fixed.
- You must have a bright personality that will help defuse the situation.
- You need great listening skills, so that you can get a clear understanding of the issue and find the root of the problem (we don’t like fixing symptoms here).
- You need excellent documentation skills, so that you can create a case in our ticketing system and clearly communicate the issue in plain English.
- You need a solid foundation of technology skills – this means you probably have about four years in the IT industry already.
- You need to be a sponge. Success depends on your ability to soak up knowledge as you are moving from client to client and technology to technology.
- Your Google skills better be on point. It’s not always about what you know, but how quick you are at finding a solution when you don’t know.
- However, you need to know when to throw in the towel and ask for help from the escalation team.
- You need to have mad follow-up and follow-through action. No ticket left behind!
What specific skills should I have?
- Professional IT Certifications are a definite advantage, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- MS preferred but not required.
- 1-5 years of IT experience.